Craigburn is an environmentally friendly, active and aware school.
Students, staff and parents are committed to the ongoing development and maintenance of the school grounds in an environmentally sustainable manner.
The Environment Committee creates the annual School Environmental Management Plan (SEMP) where specific projects, activities and programs are planned for.
Over many years, highlights and achievements include:
- Solar School – solar panels installed – school commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Federal government community water grants of over $100 K- installation of water-saving devices such as, flow restrictors and waterless urinals, new toilets, new slow flow taps, ‘tank to toilets’ and rainwater tank
- Tank a Day promotion success – installation of a 27,000 litre rainwater tank
- Development of a purpose built Environmental Learning Centre
- Creation of a fire-retardant garden and play space
- National Solar Schools of $30 K – for Energy Efficient Lighting, including LED lights for the school gymnasium